Monday, July 29, 2013

Tired

I have come to realize that sometimes our sad, lonely feelings have little to do with our lack of spiritual maturity and more to do with being physically exhausted.

Proverbs 15:13 and17:22 remind us of the necessity of cultivating a good sense of humor about life: "A joyful heart makes a cheerful face, but when the heart is sad, the spirit is broken"; "a joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones."

In addition to this, I love the well-known prayer, "Lord, grant me the serenity to change the things I can change, to accept the things I cannot change, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Ahhhhhhhh just pouring out all mental activities for today, ending it with another prayer... Lord God, send peaceful sleep to refresh my tired body. May your help always renew me and keep me strong in your service. May the all-powerful Lord grant us a restful night and a peaceful death. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment